HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE CITY OF SARASOTA
The City of Sarasota Purchasing Division offers two different ways to register to receive solicitation notification.
1. DemandStar is a that connects businesses with nearly 400 government agencies that input bids, RFPs and quotes directly into the DemandStar system. Some quotes are unavailable outside of DemandStar, as they fall under the formal purchasing threshold. DemandStar offers free and paid services for solicitation notification and viewing.
2. Vendors who wish to do business with the City of Sarasota are encouraged to register on the Florida Purchasing Group. There is no cost to register with the Basic Service and search for bids. Vendors may also sign up for the Select or Select Plus Bid Notification Service that is available for a fee. By choosing the Select option, vendors will receive email alerts from all participating members when a bid opportunity matches the company's service profile. The Select Plus Service provides statewide notifications along with notifications from member agencies.
View Florida Purchasing Group Plans and Register
3. The City of Sarasota also offers a free service known as Egov. This allows your company to receive free email notifying you that bids have been posted.
1. $0.00 - $5000.00 Best obtainable price. Buyer should use due diligence.
2. $5000.01 - $50,000.00 Buyer must obtain three written quotes. These may also be issued as a formal quote through the Purchasing Division.
3. Items over $50,000.00 must have a formal bid or request for proposal.
Video On Demand